Saturday 29 September 2012

Red & Blue Necklace

I wanted to make a gift for a helpful lady.  She told me her favourite colours were red and blue.  So I decided to combine them in a necklace for her.  This is quite a simple design as you can see but I think it's effective.  I used sodalite semi-precious beads to go with the Victorian Red Lizbeth.  I love that shade of red.  It's my perfect red.




I actually started off with a different idea.  I was making little "bows" (inspiration from Edwige Renaudin's book) which I do like the look of but I found they don't behave well as they are independent elements and some of the bows ended up upside down when worn and I thought it looked a little messy.  So I started again and ended up with the design above. 

I still like the little bows and may use them again in another design.


Here's what the necklace looks like when worn:

Yes, I think I'm satisfied with that.
I hope the lady will like it.


Off to make another one!

Best wishes,

10 comments:

  1. This is really pretty, great design :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I agree... red and blue are beautiful together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a lovely, lacy design and I'm sure she'll be pleased.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way the chains on that lovely necklace look like rick-rack. A very pretty piece.
    The little bows are adorable. I look forward to seeing what you will create.
    I am a happy girl, as the postwoman delivered a wonderful package!
    .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely necklace, yes I like the way it hangs, and I hope she likes it too.

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great necklace, colours and design

    ReplyDelete
  7. J'aime beaucoup les couleurs et la forme!!!!

    Quelle création allez vous faire avec les petits noeuds???
    J'ai hate de voir !!!

    Amitiés

    ReplyDelete
  8. That necklace is beautiful!! :) And the bows are sweet!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful necklace. Love the colors.
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment, it's always appreciated!