Anyway, here is the first version:
This is tatted front-side back-side (FSBS) all the way through and I even "posted" the shuttle (passing it through the ring from front to back before closing it) on the Josephine Rings which I think gave them a better shape.
I had to do it again in plain colours. But I did make a few changes on the next version. In the pattern, the centre rings are attached through a long picot on the first ring but I decided to use two small picots on each ring for joining instead. I also wanted to attach the Josephine Rings as I found they were moving about a bit too much. I ended up changing them to small rings and attached them to the chains from the previous round and this is the result:
I'm happy with having attached the small rings as this didn't need any blocking or pressing whatsoever. I think you will see this again in the next post as I will make it again in different colours and will make those small rings a bit bigger in the next version. I like the look of the centre better and I generally like the look of this little motif a lot!
I've also not forgotten what I said in a previous post about redoing the centre of the small SCMR mat with two shuttles instead... well, I don't like it. It looks a lot better with the SCMRs. Even with the shoe-lace trick (SLT), I couldn't get the same look as with the original. The centre motif on the right of the picture is uneven because I tried different things within the same motif. So I have my answer and self-closing mock rings (SCMRs) are absolutely great in this instance and give that nice star shape to the centre round.