Wednesday, 13 March 2013

The Reveal: Anna's Doily

A short while ago, Karla started following my blog.  As is usually the case, I go have a look to see if new followers have a blog.  And she did.  On her blog, I saw this lovely doily - a square - and found it for sale in her Etsy shop.

So this is Anna's Doily by Karla Barraza.




Oh, just had a look again to get the link and I see now that there is a photo of the complete doily with the last two rounds.  Because the one I'm showing you here is only rounds 1-4.  I like squares though... and am not sure whether I want my lovely square to become a round!

I hear she will be publishing the last two rounds soon.



Here it is the other side on,
and on a dark background to better show it off.


I think this is Karla's first published design and I'm always happy to encourage other tatters.  I like her original design and interesting construction.

You have to pay attention when tatting this though as there are many changes of direction!

Best wishes,
Frivole

13 comments:

  1. ...hmmm georgous pattern...like it very much...
    happy tatting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful design and a lovely square, very unusual design. It's nice to encourage tatters when they start to design, it's nice to have new designers coming up for the future.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. =O Yay! It came out so great =D Thanks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's very lovely!

    Where can we find Karla's blog?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle, here is the link to Karla's blog: http://lace-workshop.blogspot.co.uk

      I'll go add it in the body of the post as well.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful! Karla does lovely work, I'm glad she's making patterns available.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bellissima! After reading your post I went straight-away to Karla's Etsy shop and purchased a PDF of the doily pattern. I am especially charmed by how her corner points on the square rise up so gracefully. (A bit onion dome-like?) This one is a must-tat for me....though it will be awhile. Too many To Do's to do....LOL!

    Thank you for sharing this lovely pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful design indeed! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment, it's always appreciated!